- We have added a Resources for Members page which we will gradually fill with things that you may find useful when running an allotment. For example there are a collection of allotment advice leaflets from the National Allotment Society.
- 2018 AGM: This will be held at the West Oxford Community Centre (next to Twenty Pound Meadow) on Thursday 12th April. 7:00pm refreshments and an interactive session to gather your views on how the Association is run. AGM business starts at 7:30pm
- Oxford Organic Group: Garden Organic?s Heritage Seed Library. Catrina Fenton, Head of the HSL, will be coming to talk about the collection and conservation of lesser known vegetable varieties. 7.30 pm Thursday 25 January 2018. St Leonard’s Church Hall, The Square, Eynsham, OX29 4HW. (Stagecoach S1 bus every 15 mins from Osney Island). Gardening news and plants and produce for sale. All gardeners very welcome. Call Christine on 01993 868693
- We had a wonderful time on Saturday 2nd attending a tree-pruning course at TPM organised by Gus and run by Chris Lanczak from Waterperry Gardens. Interest was so great that we may decide to run another one in the new year. If you are interested please contact the Secretary.
- The Allotment Association Committe minutes can now be found here.
- Sid stood down as Treasurer in October and Sheila Parry has taken over as Treasurer.
- A copy of the Association Rules was given to all plot holder when they called to pay their rent at the shop in September.? If you did not receive one the rules are available here.
- The Committee was asked to consider complaint relating to the use of urine on allotment plots.? RULING: The practice of applying urine directly to allotments (instead of using it to make compost) is considered uncivil behaviour ? breaking Allotment Rule 51 and causing neighbouring plot holders unnecessary distress ? and is therefore strictly prohibited. A summary of the Association Rules covering this (in English and in Mandarin) can be found here.