On May 25th 2018 the General Data Protection Requirement (GDPR) came into force, replacing the previous Data Protection Act. Requirements include that members of all organisations need to be made aware of the information held about them, and the uses to which that data are put.
The Allotment Association holds some (or all) of the following data about each of its members:
- Plot number, and on which site
- Postal address
- Landline phone number and/or mobile phone number
- Email address
- This data is physically and electronically securely stored by the Association Secretary (acting as GDPR Data Controller) and available only to serving Committee members.
- The Association itself uses this information to contact you to inform you of its activities over the year including administration of rents and general meetings.
- The Association does not have dealings with third parties where basic personal information from ordinary members (name, address, preferred form of contact) is required to be passed to them (such as insurers, seed suppliers, Local Government or other allotment organisations).
- Your data will not be passed on to any other third party without your prior permission.
- Personal data for Committee members and Trustees do need to be shared with some third parties, e.g. Oxford City Council (as landlords) and the Oxford & District Federation of Allotment Associations where contact details are required as a condition of our federated membership.
- Most data will be deleted as and when you leave the Association. However, subject to your consent, we would like to retain: your first name, plot number and the first part of your post code in order that we can monitor how well we operate as a community resource.
The Osney St Thomas and New Botley Allotment Association Data Controller (Association Secretary) is currently:
Dr Nick Jackson
68 Edwin Court, Binsey Lane
Oxford, OX2 0QJ