With only a few days of August left it is time to remind you that all rents are due in September. As in previous years we will be collecting these on the first three Sundays – the 6th, 13th and 20th September – from 10am to 12pm.
However, 2020 has been a difficult year and there will, necessarily, be some changes to the way we collect rent this time. These are designed to protect you and to protect the Committee members collecting the rent:
- We will be collecting rent outside the shop on the Twenty Pound Meadow site. We plan to use the Association’s Event Shelters in case of bad weather – one for Botley Meadow and one for Twenty Pound Meadow. It should go without saying but please remember which site your plot is on and join the correct queue
- We will expect members to respect 2 metre social distancing at all times
- We will only accept payment using our contactless card reader. If you are paying for more than 1½ plots (i.e. more than £45) we will ask you to make multiple payments.
- Neither cash nor cheques will be accepted for reasons of COVID-19 hygiene
- At our most recent meeting the Committee reconfirmed that we will not accept online bank transfers. These are sometimes difficult to attribute to an individual on bank statements, causing additional work for the Treasurer. More importantly, turning up and paying in person is often the only opportunity we have to address issues with members face to face.
- Advance cheques sent to the Secretary, Treasurer or left in the Shop letterbox will not be accepted unless previously agreed by communication directly with the Secretary – and then only in very exceptional circumstances
- We are aware that a few of you are likely still to be shielding and therefore unable to comply with the above arrangements. If this is the case, please contact the Association Secretary, Nick Jackson, by email to discuss alternative arrangements.